This article discusses a free bulk Reddit downloader that allows you to download all images from any subreddit. Reddit is the “front page of the internet,” with trendsetting posts, memes, communities, etc. With all of that, you may find yourself in a situation where you want or need to download images from subreddits.
Now, you can easily download an image from a subreddit, but downloading multiple images can be the night before going to bed, which is where the method we will tell you about comes in handy.
Let’s take a look at how it’s done.
- What Are the Free Tools to Download Images From Subreddits?
- Using Parsehub to Download All Images From a Subreddit
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Free Tools to Download Images From Subreddits?
Image downloader is a simple tabbed interface and an open-source portable tool that allows us to batch download images from Reddit and Imgur albums. It is a free tool for Windows 7 and later. The program is only 396KB in size, so it’s no surprise that the interface is simple, with only a few tabs and settings for each download task.
More options are available on the Reddit tab. You can view the main page, Top, New, Rising, or Controversial. A time filter allows you to retrieve posts from the previous hour, day, week, month, year, or all time. You can choose to skip albums, NSFW posts, and more and specify the number of posts to receive.
One potential issue is that ImageDownloader uses the Imgur API, which means it won’t be able to download thousands of files in a single operation. If too many people use ImageDownloader on a given day, it may stop working for a few hours until the allowance is reset. The simplest solution is to try again later, but you could also create a custom Imgur ID (see the settings dialog) to give you your allowance.
Also Read: How To Create a Crossword on Google Docs
Using Parsehub to Download All Images From a Subreddit
Are you trying to get data from complicated and sluggish websites? Not to worry!
A web scraper can quickly help you scrape and download all images on a specific subreddit. Parsehub is a free web scraper that can work with any website. You can easily instruct ParseHub to search through forms, open drop downs, login to websites, click on maps, and handle sites with infinite scroll, tabs, and pop-ups to scrape data.
Also Read: 7 Best Write A Letter Generator Websites
Follow these steps to download all the images from a subreddit using Parsehub:
- Open ParseHub and select “New Project.”
- Enter the URL of the subreddit you intend to scrape. The page is now being rendered within the app. To make scraping easier, use the page’s old.reddit.com URL.
- The post selected by you will be highlighted in green. The remaining posts will be yellow-highlighted.
- To select them, click on the second post on the list. They will all be highlighted in green from now on.
- Rename your selection to posts in the left sidebar.
- To get the direct links to the images, begin by selecting the click command by clicking on the PLUS(+) sign next to your posts selection.
- A pop-up will appear where you will select “No.” Now you can rename your template.
- Reddit will now open the first post on the list and allow you to choose which data to extract. Now we’ll click on the image on the page to get the URL for it.
- Expand it by clicking the icon next to its name, removing the “image” extraction, leaving only the “image URL” extraction.
Also Read: 10 Best Speech Recognition Software
How Will Parsehub Scrape Additional Pages of Posts?
- Return to your main template.
- Select the “select” command by clicking on the PLUS(+) sign next to your page selection.
- Scroll down and select “Next.”
- Remove both extractions under your following selection by expanding it.
- Add a “click” command after using the PLUS(+) sign next to your following selection.
- A pop-up will appear. Select “Yes” and enter the number of times you want this process to be repeated.
Also Read: How To Change Page Color On Google Docs
How Will You Run Your Scrape?
- To get a list of image URLs from each post, begin by selecting the green Get Data button from the left sidebar.
- Now you will be able to save it as a CSV or JSON file.
How Will You Finally Download the Images From Reddit?
- We’ll use the Tab Save Chrome browser extension for this. Open it after you’ve added it to your browser and use the edit button to enter the URLs you want to download (copy-paste them from your ParseHub export).
- All images will be downloaded to your device once you click the download button. Depending on how many images you’re downloading, this could take a few minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Safe to Download Images From Subreddit?
YES, it is safe to download images from Subreddit. You should be fine unless you are illegally profiting from them or passing them off as your own.
Can I Get a Virus by Downloading Images From Subreddit?
Even though it appears to be an unlikely scenario, the answer is YES. While it is uncommon, there are some obvious risks to downloading and watching these files.
This is how you can use these free tools to download large amounts of images from any subreddit. The script automates the process and saves you a significant amount of time. Just make sure you don’t get banned for making too many requests. Be patient and avoid getting overboard with the number of images you download.